General Information about ASCLD/LAB Accreditation Related Fees
The following categories of fees are associated with either one or both of the ASCLD/LAB accreditation programs. More detailed information may be obtained by contacting ASCLD/LAB:
Accreditation Application Fee:
Laboratories submitting applications for accreditation for the first time will be assessed a non-refundable application fee which is due at the time the application for accreditation is submitted.
ASCLD/LAB accredited laboratories submitting applications after July 1, 2011, for renewal of accreditation, will be assessed a non-refundable application fee at the time the application for accreditation is submitted.
The application fee structure is as follows:
- Five hundred dollars ($500) for laboratories having ten (10) or less proficiency tested personnel(including vacancies), at the time of the application.
- Seven hundred fifty dollars ($750) for laboratories having between eleven (11) and sixteen (16) proficiency tested personnel (including vacancies), at the time of the application.
- One thousand dollars ($1000) for laboratories having between seventeen (17) and twenty-four (24) proficiency tested personnel (including vacancies), at the time of the application.
- One thousand, five hundred dollars ($1500) for laboratories having between twenty-five (25) and thirty-two (32) proficiency tested personnel (including vacancies), at the time of the application.
- Two thousand dollars ($2000) for laboratories having between thirty-three (33) and forty (40) proficiency tested personnel (including vacancies), at the time of the application.
- Two thousand,
five hundred dollars ($2500) for laboratories having greater than forty-one (41) proficiency tested personnel(including vacancies), at the time of the application.
Laboratory Systems will not be assessed an application fee of greater than seven thousand,
five hundred dollars ($7500), once this amount has been reached, no matter the number of laboratories or proficiency tested personnel (including vacancies).
Optional Pre-Assessment Visit Fee: (ASCLD/LAB-International program only)
A one-day, on-site visit to the laboratory by the Lead Assessor to discuss “gap” concerns encountered during the initial document review phase of the assessment process. Generally the fee for this service will be about $2,000.00, but the actual amount may vary slightly if the visit takes longer than three days (including travels days).
On-site Inspection or Assessment Fee:
The fee for on-site inspections and assessments is dependent on three factors:
- The number of disciplines to be inspected or assessed.
- The number of proficiency tested positions (including vacancies) in each discipline.
- The size of the inspection or assessment team required.
Based upon these factors, the fee will vary from laboratory to laboratory and it is best for customers to contact ASCLD/LAB in advance of the application to obtain an estimate.
All accredited laboratories pay an annual fee to support the administrative and compliance monitoring operations of ASCLD/LAB. The annual fee is based on a “share cost” approved by the ASCLD/LAB Delegate Assembly. The current share cost is $154.00 per proficiency tested position, with a minimum annual fee of $1,000.00. The maximum annual fee for a single lab or system is $35,000.00.
Accredited laboratories receive an annual invoice at the end of each calendar year which is due in January of each year.
Approximately thirty days after initial accreditation is awarded, a newly accredited laboratory will receive a prorated annual fee invoice for the number of months remaining in the calendar year in which accreditation is granted.
Surveillance Visit Fee: (ASCLD/LAB-International program only)
An annual, one-day surveillance visit is a requirement in the ASCLD/LAB-International program. The fee for this service is $2,000.00 per laboratory, except that in laboratory systems the fee will vary based upon the surveillance schedule agreed to between ASCLD/LAB and the customer’s primary representative.
Where applicable, the surveillance visit fee is included in the Annual Fee invoice, so customers in both the Legacy and International programs receive only one annual invoice.
Interim Inspection or Interim Assessment Fee:
Special interim inspections or assessments are sometimes requested by a laboratory or required by the ASCLD/LAB Board of Directors if a significant concern arises about the work of a laboratory. Fees for interim inspections or assessments requested by a customer will be calculated on a case-by-case basis. Customers considering an interim inspection or assessment should contact ASCLD/LAB in advance to obtain an estimate.
The ASCLD/LAB Board of Directors may also determine the need for and announce an interim inspection or assessment without a request from the laboratory. In that event, there is generally no cost to the laboratory.
Specific questions about fees or a request to obtain an estimate or quote should be directed to ASCLD/LAB.