Specific Training Objectives: As demonstrated through various practical exercises, classroom discussions and a final written examination:
- Each participant will understand and be able to apply the ASCLD/LAB-International accreditation process when serving as an ASCLD/LAB-International assessor during an actual assessment of a forensic service provider.
- Each participant will gain specific knowledge, skills and abilities for designing an ISO/IEC 17025 compliant management system, and for planning and conducting an internal audit within their own testing laboratory.
- Each participant will be prepared to assist their own laboratory with preparing for an ASCLD/LAB-International accreditation assessment.
The cost of the course is $995 per student (additional charges may apply for courses presented outside the United States). This fee will cover the cost of registration, all course materials (including a take home copy of ISO/IEC 17025), training workshops, attendance certificates and a final exam. Attendees will be responsible for any travel, lodging and meal expenses. Lunches and breaks will be “on your own” and are not included in the fee.
Payment: ASCLD/LAB accepts payment by credit card, check or purchase order. Tax is not charged for course registration fees. Payment should be received by ASCLD/LAB prior to the class.
Location: The specific training location and logistical information will be provided to registered students. Students are not required to stay at the same facility as the training, but are encouraged to find lodging that is close by.
Class size: A minimum of 12 students and a maximum of 24.
Course Structure and Content:
Monday to Thursday: Detailed review of ISO/IEC 17025 and ASCLD/LAB-International Assessor accreditation program and process and the role and responsibilities of an assessor.
Friday: Open and closed book examination based on course materials presented.
Specific class times are as follows:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM - for travelers, class will end no later than 10:30 AM
One hour will be provided for lunch each day. Intermittent breaks will be provided to ensure student comfort. The course is provided in English. Special arrangements for second language and disability requirements (hearing/sight) are the financial responsibility of the student or their employer, and should be conveyed to the instructor prior to the course. Some materials can be made available in large print at no additional cost. Dress is suggested as business casual.
Interested parties should submit a completed the registration for training form to secure a seat in the course. Registrations can be e-mailed to email@example.com, faxed to (919) 773-2602 or mailed to ASCLD/LAB Training Applications, 139 J Technology Drive, Garner, NC 27529. For faster processing, please e-mail.
Please note: For consideration to become an assessor, all participants that satisfactorily complete the assessor training must submit both the Application for Assessor Qualification and a signed Code of Conduct for Volunteers. These documents must be submitted within 1 year after successful completion of the exam. In addition, each participant under consideration shall possess the following amount of relevant work experience:
- An applicant with a bachelor’s degree or higher shall have a minimum of 4 years of relevant casework experience and report signing responsibility with a forensic service provider
- An applicant with an associate’s degree shall have a minimum of 6 years of relevant
- Casework experience and report signing responsibility with a forensic service provider
- An applicant with a high school diploma or equivalent shall have a minimum of 8 years of relevant casework experience and report signing responsibility with a forensic service provider
Anja Einseln, ASCLD/LAB Training Manager
Registration and Billing Information:
Amy Moore, ASCLD/LAB Administrative Assistant
|Vienna, VA||December 12-16, 2016||Open – Registration Deadline December 1, 2016|
|San Diego, CA||January 9-13, 2017||Open – Registration Deadline December 16, 2016|
|San Antonio, TX||March 13-17, 2017||Open – Registration Deadline February 17, 2017|
|Your location||Your dates||Please contact Anja Einseln|