Measurement Traceability, Measurement Assurance and Measurement Uncertainty
Web-Based Training Courses
Course Description: This series of live web-based courses will introduce the foundational concepts of Measurement Traceability, Measurement Assurance and Measurement Uncertainty. Each course is 2 hours in length. This training is applicable for all staff in a forensic testing or calibration laboratory.
- Provide a detailed review of the ISO/IEC 17025 and ASCLD/LAB-International requirements for Measurement Traceability and Measurement Uncertainty.
- Review terminology used in ISO/IEC 17025 as it relates to these topics.
- Demonstrate the interrelationships between measurement traceability, measurement assurance and measurement uncertainty.
- Provide a construct of a basic process for estimating measurement uncertainty.
- Discuss the importance of knowledge required for testimony in a court of law on these topics.
An attendance certificate will be emailed to the attendee for each course completed.
Course Pre-Requisites: The courses in the series must be taken in sequence. A student must complete Level 100A before they will be allowed to attend 100B and complete Level 100B before they will be allowed to attend Level 100C.
Class Size: A minimum of 10 students, and a maximum of 30 students.
|Level 100A||Measurement Traceability||$ 75.00|
|Level 100B||Measurement Assurance||$ 75.00|
|Level 100C||Measurement Uncertainty||$ 75.00|
|Discount bundle for all 3||(must register & pay for all courses at one time)||$ 200.00|
The price is per “participant”. The person(s) officially registered for the course will be:
- the only one(s) that can participate in course discussions
- the only one(s) to receive a certificate of participation for the training and therefore, the only one that can state that they have received this training from ASCLD/LAB
- the only one(s) who will be considered to have taken the course(s) to fulfill the pre-requisite requirements for any of the Level 200 courses.
Payment: ASCLD/LAB accepts payment by credit card, check or purchase orders. Tax is not charged for course registration fees. Payment should be received by ASCLD/LAB prior to the class.
The training will be conducted using Fuze Meeting. You will not be required to download any software to access the Fuze Meeting interface but you will need to have the current version of Adobe Flash Player loaded on your computer. Fuze provides multiple options for connection to the audio portion of the course – traditional phone line, speaker headphones or Skype.
The Internet link to each course will be provided to attendees 24 – 48 hours prior to the course. Attendees should provide an email that can receive hyperlinks and attachments.
NOTICE: It is the expectation that only the formal registrant of the course will review the materials presented and participate in the course. If it is identified that additional participants are attending the webinars without officially registering [thru hearing other participants on the phone line or thru email or chat questions], the agency will be contacted and charged the appropriate fee. If a course participant would like to share the material with co-workers through a “train the trainer program”, written permission is required from the course Instructor.
Emma Dutton, ASCLD/LAB Instructor
Registration and Billing Information:
Amy Moore, ASCLD/LAB Administrative Assistant
|Level 100A||Level 100B||Level 100C|
|Date||December 13, 2016||December 14, 2016||December 15, 2016|
|Time (ET)||1:00 – 3:00 p.m.||1:00 – 3:00 p.m.||1:00 – 3:00 p.m.|
|Registration Deadline||December 12th||December 13th||December 14th|
|Your location||Your dates||Please contact Anja Einseln|
All course times are listed in Eastern Time