ASCLD/LAB-International Assessor Training Course for Forensic Science Testing Laboratories
Specific Training Objectives: As demonstrated through various practical exercises and a final written examination:
- Each participant will understand and be able to apply the ASCLD/LAB-International accreditation process when serving as an ASCLD/LAB-International assessor during an actual assessment of a testing laboratory
- Each participant will gain specific knowledge, skills and abilities for designing an ISO 17025 compliant management system and planning and conducting an ISO compliant internal audit within their own testing laboratory
- Each participant will be prepared to assist their own testing laboratory with preparing for ASCLD/LAB-International accreditation assessment
The cost of the course is $795 per student (course based in United States, additional charges may apply for courses outside the United States). This fee will cover the cost of registration, all course materials (including a take home copy of ISO 17025:2005), training workshops, attendance certificates and a final exam. Upon serving as an assessor for an ASCLD/LAB-International assessment for the first time only, the laboratory will be credited $400 toward its next annual accreditation fee. Attendees will be responsible for any travel, lodging and meal expenses. Lunches and breaks will be “on your own” and are not included in the fee.
Payment: ASCLD/LAB accepts payment by credit card, check or purchase order. Tax is not charged for course registration fees. Payment should be received by ASCLD/LAB prior to the class
Location: The specific training location and logistical information will be provided to registered students. Students are not required to stay at the same facility as the training, but are encouraged to find lodging that is close by.
Class size: A minimum of 12 students and a maximum of 24.
Course Structure and Content:
Monday: Eight (8) hour ISO 17025 Introduction. Attending the ISO 17025 Introduction is mandatory.
Tuesday - Friday: ASCLD/LAB-International Assessor Training Course covering all aspects of the accreditation process and the role and responsibilities of an assessor and/or internal auditor.
Specific class times are as follows:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM - for travelers, class will end no later than 10:30 AM
One hour will be provided for lunch each day. Intermittent breaks will be provided to ensure student comfort. The course is provided in English. Special arrangements for second language and disability requirements (hearing/sight) are the financial responsibility of the student or their employer, and should be conveyed to the instructor prior to the course. Some materials can be made available in large print at no additional cost. Dress is suggested as business casual.
Interested parties should submit a completed registration form to secure a seat in the course. Registrations can be faxed to ASCLD/LAB at (919) 773-2602.
Please note: All participants satisfactorily completing the assessor training and submitting an application for consideration to become an assessor (within 1 year of taking the exam) shall possess the following amount of relevant work experience:
- An applicant with a bachelor’s degree or higher shall have a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in a crime laboratory
- An applicant with an associate’s degree shall have a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in a crime laboratory
- An applicant with a high school diploma or equivalent shall have a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in a crime laboratory
Anja Einseln, ASCLD/LAB Training Manager
Registration / Billing Questions:
Amy Moore / Amy Chalk
||June 24-28, 2013
||Closed - Registration Full
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||August 19-23, 2013
||Closed - Registration Full
||September 9-13, 2013
||Open - Registration Deadline August 16, 2013
||Please contact Anja Einseln